TEAM Coalition traveled to Frisco, TX for the 2017 NCAA Division I Football Championship on January 6, 2017 to reward fans who made the Responsibility Has Its Rewards pledge to:
• Always Buckle Up – Every Trip, Every Time
• Never Drive Drunk
• Always Have a Designated Driver
• Never Provide Alcohol to Anyone Under 21
Fans from all over the country gathered at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, TX to watch the Youngstown State University Penguins take on the James Madison University Dukes. JMU won the title by jumping out to a quick lead and keeping their foot on the gas for the majority of the game. Hundreds of fans from both schools made the responsibility pledge while enjoying the pre-game festivities at Tailgate Town before the big game.
NCAA and TEAM Coalition partnered to promote responsible drinking at Toyota Stadium in Frisco, TX, encouraging fans to never drive drunk if they were over 21 or to buckle up – every trip, every time – if they were under 21.
US DOT / NHTSA 2015 NATIONAL DATA:
• In 2015, 10,265 people were killed as a result of alcohol-related (BAC > 0.08) car crashes, an increase of 3.2% from the 9,943 fatalities in 2014.
• Many, if not most of those lives would have been saved if people did not drive when they were impaired by alcohol or if they used sober, designated drivers or if they simply wore their seat belts.
• Statistics and research clearly show that 21-34 year old males are the demographic most likely to be involved in an automobile crash.