TEAM Coalition traveled to ASA Hall of Fame Stadium in Oklahoma City, OK for the 2016 NCAA Women’s College World Series on June 2 – June 8, 2016 to reward fans who made the Responsibility Has Its Rewards pledge to:
• Always Buckle Up – Every Trip, Every Time
• Never Drive Drunk
• Always Have a Designated Driver
• Never Provide Alcohol to Anyone Under 21
Fans from all over the country gathered to watch the Oklahoma Sooners take on the Auburn Tigers in the WCWS final. After an incredible back and forth series, the Sooners took home the National Championship trophy. Over 2,000 fans from all eight schools vying for the National Championship took time to make the responsibility pledge while enjoying the pre-game festivities at WCWS Fan Fest before each game.
The NCAA and TEAM Coalition partnered to promote responsible drinking at ASA Hall of Fame Stadium in Oklahoma City, OK, encouraging fans to never drive drunk if they were over 21 or to buckle up – every trip, every time – if they were under 21.
US DOT / NHTSA 2014 NATIONAL DATA:
• In 2014, 9,967 people were killed as a result of alcohol-related (BAC > 0.08) car crashes, a decrease of 1.1% from the 10,076 fatalities in 2013.
• Many, if not most of those lives would have been saved if people did not drive when they were impaired by alcohol or if they used sober, designated drivers or if they simply wore their seat belts.
• Statistics and research clearly show that 21-34 year old males are the demographic most likely to be involved in an automobile crash, drive when impaired by alcohol, and fail to buckle up.